It needs to be packed with extreme care when you have valuable jewelry. Jewelry can be broken or scratched if not properly packed during shipping. The following steps will help you with jewellery packaging.
Remove the jewelry pieces from the box and packaging.
- Remove the jewelry pieces from their original packaging and place them into a dish or tray for safekeeping.
- Place a layer of bubble wrap in the bottom of each compartment in your jewelry box (you may want to use more than one layer).
- Wrap each piece individually in bubble wrap. This will help prevent scratching during transit and keep individual pieces together so they don't get lost among other items in your luggage. If desired, you can also use plastic bags around each piece to further protect it while traveling or storing it away after packing up at home
Place a layer of bubble wrap down at the bottom of the box.
Now that you have removed your jewelry from its original packaging, it's time to pack a jewelry box. Here are some steps to follow:
- Place a layer of bubble wrap down at the bottom of the box.
- Wrap each piece of jewelry in paper or cloth and place them in their own slots on top of the layer of bubble wrap. If you have multiple pieces that need to be stored together, like earrings with matching necklaces or bracelets, put them all in one slot so they don't get separated during shipping if anything is lost or damaged during transport.
Wrap each piece of jewelry individually.
Wrap each piece of jewelry individually.
Wrap your jewelry in a soft cloth, like an old t-shirt or pillowcase. If you have a spare towel or blanket that’s thin enough, use that instead. Using the pack method will help keep your jewelry from bumping into each other and damaging any fragile pieces.
Put a layer of bubble wrap on top of each layer of wrapped jewelry.
Put a layer of bubble wrap on each layer of wrapped jewelry. If you're packing more than one item at a time, place them in the box in the order that they should be removed from the box.
Continue with this process until all the jewelry is in the box.
Make sure that all the jewelry is placed in the box so there is no space within it. If you use a cardboard box, place extra paper or bubble wrap around your jewelry to protect it from being crushed during shipment.
If you are using a wooden box, make sure that you close the lid and seal the edges with tape before placing another layer of padding on top of it.
Seal up your package with packing tape and ship it out.
Once you’ve removed all of your jewelry pieces from the box and packaging, place a layer of bubble wrap down at the bottom of your box. This will help cushion them in case they shift during shipping. Wrap each piece individually with bubble wrap and put them on top of each other until they are snugly in place. Then continue to fill empty spaces with more layers of bubble wrap until everything is covered.
If you have any leftover room left over, fill it with more layers of bubble wrap to pad your package against bumps or drops along its journey through transit systems and into delivery trucks. Seal up your package with packing tape and ship it out!
Exquisite Jewelry must be packed properly to protect it while shipping.
Exquisite jewelry must be packed properly to protect it while shipping. Here are the steps:
- Remove any loose gemstones and set them aside in a small box or envelope. If you have loose stones, they may fall out during transit and cause damage to your other pieces of jewelry.
- Pack your jewelry in tissue paper or bubble wrap so that each piece has some protection against rubbing against other pieces of jewelry as well as from being crushed by the weight of other items inside the box or envelope. You can also purchase special packing materials specifically designed for packing fine gems and precious metals, but these are somewhat overpriced and unnecessary for most people's needs because they would be used infrequently enough that buying them would be an extravagance compared with using cheap tissue paper or bubble wrap for this purpose instead (unless you know that you will be sending expensive items regularly).
We hope this article has given you some helpful tips for how to ship your jewelry. The most important thing is to remember that delicate items like fine jewelry need to be packed carefully and shipped in a sturdy box. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving all your shipping needs!